During this time of year, it’s more important than ever to keep your smile in healthy shape. With so many sugary treats and sweets, why not try to remember these five dental tips and tricks for a healthier smile and healthier life?
These tips are:
1. Water is your best friend. Drinking water is not only essential to live, but also essential to oral health. Water washes food particles away along with bad bacteria. Water also keeps conditions like halitosis and dry mouth at bay.
2. Dairy contains protein and calcium. Dairy is low in sugars and high in calcium. This strengthens your teeth and provides you with positive oral health.
3. Fruits and vegetables are essential. Everyone knows fruits and veggies help your entire body. Yet, because they are low in sugars and high in fibers they balance out to help clean your teeth and promote saliva production to wash away harmful food particles and acids.
4. Nuts contain protein and are low in carbohydrates. The proteins and minerals found in nuts do not add risk to cavities in your smile. That is because of the acid-producing bacteria from the carbs found within the nuts making them a healthy treat for your teeth.
5. Lean proteins provide low sugar and healthy results. Proteins are very healthy for your smile, especially when they are low in sugar as well. Having lean proteins can strengthen your teeth promoting excellent oral health.
Here at Dental Associates of Manchester in Manchester, Iowa, we are happy to help lead you and your families smile back to positive oral health. If you still have questions how we can help you, please call us today at 563-927-4746 and set up an appointment. We are happy to help you in any way we can this festive season!