Did you know that mouthwash is a great tool that can help you strengthen and nourish your smile? Well, it’s true, and you should include it in your oral hygiene routine today!
There are many different kinds of mouthwashes available in the dental world today, including anti-gingivitis mouthwash, fluoride mouthwash, and bacteria-killing mouthwash, and each one can help you maintain, improve, and protect your oral health.
But why should you bother rinsing your mouth when you’ve already brushed and flossed your teeth? Well, here are a few reasons why:
• Mouthwash can freshen your breath.
• Mouthwash can remove debris from your mouth.
• Mouthwash can protect your smile from cavities and gum disease.
• Mouthwash can strengthen your tooth enamel.
• Mouthwash can slow down the growth process of calculus on your teeth.
• Mouthwash can eliminate bad breath.
• Mouthwash can reduce the amount of plaque on your teeth.
The process of rinsing your mouth with mouthwash should never replace the processes of brushing and flossing, and rinsing should be done at least once a day. When you rinse, sip a small amount of the liquid into your mouth. For about 30-40 seconds, or however long the label recommends, swish the rinse around your mouth until the time is up. When the time passes by, spit the rinse into the sink.
Call our office today if you would like to learn more about mouthwash and the ways it can help you. We look forward to talking with you!