Keep your smile shining brightly all summer with effective sleep apnea care. Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder resulting from an obstruction of the airways while you sleep. This can be caused by a failure with brain signals to the chest muscles or an actual obstruction of the air passageways.
Listed below are some traditional risk factors for sleep apnea:
– Irregular problems that can increase your risk for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– Men over the age of 40 have a higher risk of sleep apnea.
– Genetics play a heavy role in many ailments, including sleep apnea.
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can cause high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Common allergies and sinus problems can also increase your likelihood of sleep apnea.
If you are showing signs of sleep apnea, come visit Dental Associates of Manchester for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Timothy Collier and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Manchester, Iowa, we can restore your oral health to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 563-927-4746. We will get you back to smiling once more!